Fermob furniture is made from high-grade steel and aluminium. Customers should be made aware that for the folding furniture in particular, there is a need for some basic maintenance and care. For steel products there may be some slight oxidising of the metal on the surface causing some discolouration where there are joints, in particular moving ones. This can be often be cleaned away with warm soapy water, however, should it be required touch up spray paint can supplied. This is not considered a fault in manufacturing or with the materials that have been used. Moving joints can be better maintained with a drop of standard oil or WD40, these will help lubricate and repel water. As the steel is high grade the integrity of the metal will not be affected by the discolouration.
Fermob Bistro chairs are best opened and closed by standing behind the chair and placing one foot on the lower leg cross bracket, start to open the seat then hold the back upper slat in one hand to slide the seat down or up. This ensures that the back slat does not scrape along the frame.
Fermob guarantees the furniture for 1 - 3 years, depending on the product, against faults in manufacturing or materials or where it has failed structurally during normal use and where regular maintenance has been carried out.
1. Low maintenance may be required such as wiping down joints and moving parts and where appropriate, lubrication with light oil or products such as WD40.
2. General cleaning should be with soapy water, or a car wash containing wax can be used, with a non abrasive cloth paying particular attention to joints and moving parts.
3. Do not use T-cut or any other abrasive cleaner as this can damage the surface.
4. Rough objects should not be moved across the surface of the tables.
5. Do not put under a plastic sheet or similar unventilated type of cover as condensation will occur and could cause damage to the furniture.
6. For steel products there may be some slight oxidising of the metal on the surface, causing some discolouration where there are joints, in particular moving ones. This can be often be cleaned away with warm soapy water.
7. All furniture should be thoroughly cleaned, dried and, where appropriate lightly oiled, before putting it away for the winter or for other long periods.
8. Spray paint is available to touch up areas should the paint be scratched, chipped or where any discolouration occurs.